pregnancy

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A little thing called... INDIGESTION

My dear little girl,

Today it happened.  The thing that I had been warned about.... dum, dum, dum... pregnancy-induced INDIGESTION.  Yes, I had lunch followed by an innocent burp that brought a little friend.  Nasty stuff like throw-up was there in the back of my throat and no matter how much I cleared my throat or drank water it was just...there!  more burps, uncomfortable gastric distension, and so forth.  At first it didn't hit me right away what was happening and it was a bit disconcerting but then my coworker Becca couldn't stop laughing at me and told me what was going on.  They tell me it will only get worse and will occur after every meal no matter what I eat.  My cousin Jessica had told me that Tums would become my last friend, and if today was any indication, she's right.  And all because you feel a need to grow or something ;-)  Well, you keep on growing my soybean; I dare say your mama can handle another 3+ months of almost anything for you.  Oh, I feel you knocking.. yep, it's 10:54 which means you're right on time.  Seems you like to have a little dance party around 11 each night for about 20 minutes.  You may be a night owl like your daddy *rolling my eyes*.  haha.

Love you,

Mama

1 comment:

  1. Lol...I carried tums in my pocket, purse, desk, car, kitchen, living room.....everywhere!

    ReplyDelete