pregnancy

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The World We Know

Dear Soybean,

Maybe you'll grow up to be a history buff and will want to know about current events.  Well, you and I listen to a lot of NPR together as I drive around for my job and today was pretty special...  we heard the live broadcast of Discovery's last blast-off!!  A very sweet and sad moment.    However, most of the broadcasts were about the revolution in Libya and its crazy dictator Gadhafi.  At home, the news centered on the collective bargaining wars in Wisconsin and Ohio.  Local news... I was horrified to learn that a daycare in Houston had caught on fire early this afternoon and that 7 little ones between 18 months and  3 years old were taken to the hospital with first responders having to do CPR on some of them.  3 of them died.  My heart broke for their parents as I thought about how those parents most assuredly loved their kiddos and had big dreams planned for them, just like we do for you.  Dreams that ended much too soon.  Sad, sad, sad.  God, please hold these parents' hearts in your hands and do some healing only You and time can do.

I could write more, but frankly, I've been a bit out-of-sorts (your dad can testify to this.. haha) so maybe I should just get into my comfy pj's and relax to the new episode of The Office (I heart The Office!).   Writing of PJ's makes me all of sudden realize I can't wait to powder your baby-butt and put you into a onesie... lol. 

Oh, and my friend Emily blogged about you today!  http://13plumconfessions.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-hear-rejoices-in-lord.html   I have been realizing that I wasn't alone in my prayers for you to join us!  Never forget, wherever life or choices take you, that you are an answer to many prayers.

Sweet dreams, little one!

~A.

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/24/134034855/In-Libya-Defectors-Organize-In-Benghazi
http://www.npr.org/2011/02/24/134038038/houston-day-care-center-fire-kills-3-children

No comments:

Post a Comment