pregnancy

Monday, May 16, 2011

Exploding casseroles and bulging bellies

Dearest Soybean,

(You don't mind me calling you Soybean still, do ya?  I mean, I know you've graduated far beyond bean-size but I think it's still cute. Just consider it conditioning for all the years I'll call you my baby even when you're an adult.)

I had the first stranger ask me today when I was due, so I thought it'd be the perfect time to take some new belly pics.

 
Isn't the preggo shirt cute?  I bought it yesterday at Burlington Coat Factory after seeing and holding Cousin Jessica's gorgeous baby Devyn for the first time and hearing her recommend the place.

I'm going to cut this blog short tonight because it's been a long day today, but at least I felt it was productive.  After work, we went to counseling (okay,I'll say I went to counseling--I don't want you to think you were so crazy that you were in therapy before you were even born, ha!).   I was encouraged to become realistic with my expectations about my relationship with a certain someone (while considering their limitations) and that, rather than becoming too focused on that relationship, to center my thoughts on what I envision our little world with you, me, and your daddy will be like.  I'm supposed to really dwell on what I want our little nucleus world to be like for you and work on making that happen.  Sounds good, something I can change and work on. 

Things are going to be good, baby.  Love you.  Oh, and when you're older, don't forget to ask about the exploding casserole episode that unfolded last night.

~A


No comments:

Post a Comment