pregnancy

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Leg Cramps and Bathing Suits

Dear baby girl (your daddy and I are still killing ourselves trying to settle on a name for you),

I found out this morning that there's no ultrasound scheduled for our visit to the doctor tomorrow (bleh!!!).  They explained that insurance only pays for 2.  Seeing as I've had 3 already, I'm not sure that we'll get to have another picture of you until you arrive.  What if you turn into a boy by then?  ;-)   Our sonographer seemed pretty sure of herself though so I guess it's safe to go on planning in pinks.  :-)  My coworker Becca said that from now on the appointments get pretty boring.  I would say so if there aren't any ultrasounds!  She also said that I need to start eating bananas for the horrific leg cramps I've been getting because of all the nutrients you're leeching from me.  Ok, maybe "leeching" wasn't quite the word she used but I have to give you a hard time  :-)  Last night I woke up from sleep with this one leg cramp that took my breath away and lasted forever. 

It's amazing to feel you move more and more strongly.  So amazing in fact that your late-night romps that make mama have trouble going to sleep are quite forgivable.

I've "unplugged" myself from Facebook for a few days.  It's thrown a few people for a loop but it's amazing that I'm still alive and able to function without it.  In fact, I'm getting "real" stuff done like laundry and making extra effort to keep in touch with people in other ways.  In case Facebook is obsolete by the time you grow up to read this, I'll let ya know it's a social networking site.  I thought it a good time to get a dose of non-cyber reality. 

Your daddy was gone over the weekend; he took your Grandpa Nall to the "farm" out in New Baden for a few days out there with Ricky.  While they were gone, you and I went shopping.  At Maternity Motherhood, I saw some cute bathing suits!  The tops were colorful and beautiful and full-coverage; however, the bottoms were a different story.  Half of my cellulite-fest butt cheeks were hanging out and the swimsuit bottoms made my thunder thighs look like exactly that!  ugh!  Maybe I just won't swim the rest of the summer  :-(

I think we'll get to see my cousin TJ tonight at Grandma's.  He's coming down for a quick visit. Last time I saw him, your daddy and I were still living in Amarillo.

Well, my lunch break is almost over here at work, so I'll close this letter for now. 

Love you,

Mama

Postnote: we did get to see TJ and got to play a killer game of Wahoo! with him, Aunt Shirley & Bill, and Grandma Hazel.  ha, Grandma and her, "Who's green?"  I was!!  She shows no mercy  ;-)


1 comment:

  1. I think leech is totally appropriate. After all, babies technically feed off you! lol...but they are so worth it!

    ReplyDelete