pregnancy

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Red Paint and Warm Fuzzies

Dear Soybean,

Your room is getting its first coat of paint as I write this!  I was beginning to wonder if we were ever going to get started.  Granted, I think it's because up to this point we weren't sure whether we'd be moving in with your Grandpa Nall or not (long story). I think we've come to terms that even with all the benefits of moving in with him such as it affording me to be a stay-at-home mom, it wouldn't really work, not if I'm being honest with myself.  There are just too many red flags.  So, painting the room is our first step in addressing this reality and doing what we can with what we've got in the moment. 




We're almost to the end of 32 weeks and I'm feeling very... well, "ripe" is the word that originally came to mind.  Don't you love the ugly handtowel that makes its way into all of my pictures?  ha! Ah, well we have another OB appt this coming Thursday!  I found out we'll be having our last ultrasound of the pregnancy at that time.  I'm psyched about getting a peek at you again.


Things are starting to really pick up pace.  Next weekend you're having your first shower! this one will be with the church ladies and I'm telling you my friend Kristi has outdone herself again.  The invitations she sent out were absolutely PERFECT! For the picture, I purposely didn't capture the part that includes her address and so forth but isn't it adorable?  On there, it also states, "in Lieu of a card, please bring a child's book signed by you." 
I can't express how touched I was when I saw the invitations but my heart swelled up with gratitude and all kinds of warm fuzzy feelings.

Well, your dad is washing off the paint rollers for the night (we'll see how the one wall looks dry tomorrow and go from there) and I'm feeling a bit tired so I guess I'll close up tonight's letter. 

Love you,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment