pregnancy

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Psych!

Dear Soybean,

Did I tell you that we had pretty much decided on naming you Erin?  Well.. Psych!!!!!    The new forerunner in this name game is Natalie.  Dad had mildly asked at the Scheffler family baby shower on Saturday if we had considered the name Natalie. I love my Daddy so much that I think I may have taken any suggestion of his to heart, except for the name Brunessa  :-)    I said it was pretty and then asked Chris about it later that night as we drove to New Braunfels to surprise your Aunt Kadi for her 31st birthday party.  I was almost certain Chris had suggested the name himself somewhere along the way.  He said he liked it too and of course I had to ask a few more times just to make sure; he finally said that I should know by now that if he didn't like a name he'd say so.  And, yes, he was right.  I asked him what his feelings were about the name Erin now--he said he still liked it but that Natalie was great too... as long as the middle name was Ann.  And that's was the only middle name I had even thought about to go with Natalie.  Everyone seems to think the name is pretty--everyone except my mother of course.  She said the name seemed old and not in a cute way.  I somehow knew she'd feel that way, but she quickly added that she would/could grow to like anything we named you.

As I write this, wildfires are still burning in Magnolia north of here.  Yesterday was pretty scary not knowing if we'd have to start evacuating or  not, but so far the crews have managed to keep the blazes north of 1488.  The picture below is one I took this evening on my way home.  To me, it looks like huge smoke clouds that are drifting downwind from the flames.



Your dad did a lot of work on the house yesterday and today to get it ready for you.  All of the junk has been moved out of  your room and either thrown away or put into storage.  Almost all of the painting has been done except a second coat is needed on one wall and he wants to touch up the trim with some white paint.  It's starting to all come together!

Oh, your Uncle Mike got engaged over the weekend!  Saturday evening he proposed to Marianna.  We found out on Facebook which wasn't exactly the way we would have preferred to learn about it but we're happy for them all the same.  :-) 



Saturday's baby shower was great.  Family is such a wonderful thing, when it works.  Definitely a blessing and I hope your experiences will reinforce the same message. 

Oh, and sometime during this holiday weekend I went from being a preggo to a preg-OH!!  Yep, Sunday Sarah exclaimed that my hands were swollen; I then decided my ankles were swollen too and that's why they had looked unexplainably strange/foreign to me.  Everyone promptly put my feet up and Sarah arranged pillows behind me.  Everyone is so sweet, except that Sarah would have denied us the bit of whipped cream I put on my decaf coffee that night if she had had her way, haha.I've had to take off my wedding ring and put it on a necklace, and today my ankles are still swollen--you can't really see the anklebone clearly defined.  At least, the swelling hasn't gone to my face... yet!  Pregnancy is so hard on one's one body-image. But it's all worth it.. YOU're worth it! 

Well, your daddy has turned off the light so I guess that's my cue  :-) 

Goodnight little one.

Love ya,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment