pregnancy

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Home Stretch

Dear Soybean,

Your room is ready!  I think your dad and I did at least three takes for this video tour of your room and we STILL ended up looking like complete goof-balls.  Well, at least that means it's true to form and you know what you're getting yourself into  :-)

The last baby shower went great.  Your Aunt Charlene even had special embossed ribbon that said, "Chris & April" and "Shower 9-18-11" on all the brooches/pins.  Who does that??!  It was all over the top :-)  So many people showed up I even got a bit claustrophobic.  We were there for 5-1/2 hours--I'd call that a party!  It was a great success--not to mention it was the first EVER that your grandfathers met.




"Green Eggs and Ham" Deviled Eggs




Cat in the Hat finger puppets



Your Grandpas Meet for the First Time EVER



Monday will be the last prepared childbirth class.  We were encouraged to bring a "birth bundle" to the next class... so I'll see what we can find.  Never heard of a birth bundle before, eh?  Well neither had I.  Found this website though about it: http://www.birthingfromwithin.com/birth_bundle

At yesterday's appointment, the doctor said there was still "nothin' happenin'."  I guess that means we'll probably make it to the due date or beyond.  I am more convinced now than ever that next time around I want to go with a midwife or birthing center.    I know the doctors deal with babies all the time, but this is special for ME and I want a little time.  The doctor didn't even take the time to look over the birth plan I brought in and when I asked if he would consider my having a water birth he said, "You wouldn't want to do that anyway; there's been shown to be increased risk of infection in tubs like that."  Bologna! and that he'd have the audacity to guess what I'd want was a bit much.  Well regardless of whether the doctor cares to honor the document with his eyes or not, I was able to go to a neat website and create this handy little document.  I had heard several people recommend having a birth plan but no one would actually tell you exactly WHAT that meant/included.  This website made it easy: http://www.childbirth.org/interactive/ibirthplan.html

Today's been a bit rough and I'm not even quite sure why.  I think the money situation of how to keep things afloat once you're here are weighing on me a little.  Or maybe I'm just tired.  All I know is that I've been moody--oh yes, moody.  In fact, I found myself getting a little irked at YOU, all because you wouldn't quit having hiccups last night.  I was a bit horrified at myself for feeling that way.  :-O

Won't be much longer and you'll be seeing this little ol' world.  I hope you won't be too disappointed.  It's home, or at least will be until we all make it those mansions in the sky.

Love you baby girl,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment